Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review: Elf Matte Lip Color In Coral.

NOTE: This is a non-sponsored review and they are my true most honest opinion about the product/s 

Dear Beauty Babies :), Today will be my take on the E.L.F Studio Matte Lip Color in CORAL :)

This is one of my favorite lipstick from E.l.F so far~ 


Sorry for the blur picture but the lighting in my room was a little odd. 

Any way for this particular line of matte lip colors they come in a twist up stick form, the shape is very similar to a skinny version of a Revlon Just Bitten Stain Balm. 

The pink color tip can be pull out and "sharpen" the lip color for precise application 
but I think this kinda waste the product. 
Moving on....
If you have high expectation to the packaging, I'm sorry this will disappoint you a bit. 
due to the twist up packaging, the creamy formula of the lipstick tends to melt a bit on the outer layer.
otherwise this is quite good actually. 

Now color swatches on the back of my hand:- 

My hand is a little hairy :P but anyway this is the swatch without flash. To me, this is not so much of a coral color but more like a pink-ish nude. its a pretty nice color. 

with flash. still a very pretty color to me :) 

Below are the swatches on my lips 
Super nice, it glides on really well on my lips but I do think those people who have dry chap lips you would need to exfoliate your lips first prior to application. :) 


With Flash. Pretty pinkish nude color. I did put some lip balm before applying the matte color. Color pay off is quite good actually. :) 


Pros:- 

Easy and Precise Application 
Twist out applicator. 
Creamy Formula 
Semi matte if you put a glossy lip balm prior to application 
Decent staying power. 
quite affordable

Cons:-

Quite drying for people who have chapped and peeling lips 
like most matte lipstick, this one does make dry lips look even drier. 


Overall rating :- 


Price: 4/5 (If you get it from smoochiezz the price run from $7 to $9.90, I don't think you can go wrong with this price for a good quality matte lipstick) 
Staying power: 3/5 (Lasted on my lip for 3 hour without eating and drinking some beverages. It did transfer a bit to my mug and straw) 
Color Payoff: 5/5 (This is the perfect pinkish nude, I loved MAC Creme Cup but it make me look a little sick, where as this make me look healthier and fresh. To me I used it as my everyday go to lipstick. This kind of remind me of a pink & matte version of MAC Ravishing. )
Packaging: 3/5 (To me, the sharpener thingy is pointless to me and the wording "elf matte lip color" will rub off. Beside these two issue I have with the product but I can oversee them :)) 

Overall Rate : 4.5/5 

Hope You Guys Like My Review !! :) 

Next Post Will Be A Yummy Post !! :) Stay Tune ! 

~Vivian~

No comments:

Post a Comment